Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Neighbors, Lady Gaga, and the Heat

Just a quick update tonight, as I still have a long to-do list before friends of friends visit tomorrow. New neighbors recently moved in. They seem young, and they laugh an awful lot...they also seem to be an international couple: I hear tidbits of English, Japanese, and something that may be Tagalog. Usually these tidbits come wafting across the two-foot gulf of space between my house and their apartment late in the evening. Oh, and usually the tidbits are in song form...I never heard anyone sing so much. I haven't actually seen them yet, as the entrance to their apartment is on the street behind mine, and we have vastly different schedules to boot. They live below the chanting woman. Every day between 7 and 9 a.m. she chants. It is always something I am compelled to listen to for a few moments every time I hear it. It is calming. It doesn't inspire ME to do it, but it is calming to hear someone else doing it! The new neighbors' singing, well, they only sang one song I recognized and that was Lady Gaga's Paparazzi. Lady G has not hit as big in Japan as other places yet, but she is making progress. I have to confess, I can't turn away when I see her on a screen. Maybe it is just so refreshing to see someone doing something other than tattoos and piercings...I don't know.

Summer is so close I can hear it breathing...today it gave us all a little preview by enveloping this area in humidity. Still, I shouldn't complain, as there is the rainy season to get through and it is approaching very quickly! I hope you are cool and dry wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment