Friday, May 7, 2010

5:41

It bothers me greatly when people say there is no such thing as "coincidence." Of course there is such a thing! This short post today is about a very strange one. Some of you know that I had been waking up at 5:41 - exactly - for several days in a row. Then it stopped, then it started again. One morning I deliberately did not look at the clock when I woke up to make sure it would NOT be 5:41, but when I looked at the clock, it was 5:41! I thought for sure it must be something outside waking me up, but none of the usual culprits (nesting pigeons, or one of the many motorcycles who drive the countryside here delivering local newspapers, milk, junk mail, etc.)were anywhere to be seen (heard). Well, I thought it was all finished but this morning I woke up at the magic time AGAIN. Shaking my head (well, kind of rolling my head back and forth on my pillows), I grabbed my I-phone to listen to a podcast while I tried to fall back to sleep. I often listen to A Prairie Home Companion but I had heard them all, so I chose something new (to me) called "Sarah and Vinnie Full Show." A woman came on and started joking about something with a man and replied to something with this line: ..."Yeah, like I would do that at (she paused as she glanced at her watch)5:41 in the morning!" I SAT STRAIGHT UP IN BED with my jaw HANGING open! What is going on?! I decided I had better listen to the entire podcast in case there was some message for me in it...there wasn't.

The only thing I can come up with to explain the weirdness of waking up at that time for so many days is that I must be thinking about my mother's birthday, 5/14, transposed to 5/41--->5:41.

There IS no explanation for the coincidence of hearing that same time on the podcast MOMENTS ater I really DID wake up at that time...is there? Enjoy your coincidences everyone, they ARE out there.

1 comment:

  1. OK. Just read through some of your posts and as I suspected, I think I know you! Talk about coincidence! On a whim, I was thinking about Mrs Duffy and looked her up. Found your lovely post about her... Knew we must have known each other and knew only one blonde Jennifer. My name is Michelle. Was Felty at that time. I think we were friends. I recall many things about you. Your sister, Amy, your super cool doll with a beautiful wardrobe of clothes. Anyhow, no idea if you will see this message but it is such a pleasure to run into you (virtually) after all these years❤️

    ReplyDelete